Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pacman & Iris

gorann

Two nebulas from last night. After seeing the narrowband Pacmans just posted by toxic and others here, my RGB version looks a bit pale, to say the least, but I am just happy that the sky is dark again so I cannot stop myself from posting. I got my Sky Quality Meter out last night and it showed 21.2, so I cannot complain about light pollution. However, there were some haze that affected the resolution of my images and issues with the autoguiding.

ES 127ED on an EQ8 in obsy with finderguider, Canon 60Da at ISO 1600. Pacman: 18 x 8 min. Iris: 11 x 8 min (then the haze killed the session)

IMG1779-97PS5sign.jpg

IMG1800-10PS6sign.jpg

1 hour ago, Xplode said:

Very nice images!

Thanks Ole Alexander!

And now with my new meter I know that the Sky Quality here is 21.2 (very consistent readings last night and tonight)

22 minutes ago, gorann said:

Thanks Ole Alexander!

And now with my new meter I know that the Sky Quality here is 21.2 (very consistent readings last night and tonight)

That's a very good site!

My site is usually at 20.9 SQM with some rare nights down to 21.15, even with a little difference in the measurements there is a large difference in conditions.

32 minutes ago, Xplode said:

That's a very good site!

My site is usually at 20.9 SQM with some rare nights down to 21.15, even with a little difference in the measurements there is a large difference in conditions.

Very nice to know!

but then I cannot blame light pollution.......

Archived