Hey!

Ben the Ignorant

Hey, I'm new to the forum but not new to stargazing, so relax, I'll spare you the dreaded "Please-help-me-with-my-collimation-from-a-distance" thread. :icon_biggrin:

Admit you are relieved! Admit you have that fear everytime a newcomer shows up, and confess you sighed in relief! :icon_biggrin:

No, seriously, I don't want to make fun of newbies and their questions; I was a newbie at a time, now I help them with their problems on the field, or by mail, I just wanted to play a little psychology with my new friends, teasing is okay. I just registered, and had my own moment of worry and relief after the registration confirmation email took nearly an hour to arrive in my mailbox. I guess computers like to tease people, too.

Just stopped by to say hello, will need to find to find out how to display an avatar (I already have the proper image in mind), and later I will share some DIY tips, my main reason for joining.

Till the next discussion.

G'day Ben and welcome to sgl. as others have said, any and all help is welcome here.
We don't cringe at the arrival of inexperienced members, we'd run out of things to talk about if we did :D 

Hello and welcome to SGL Ben. Enjoy your stay.
To add your Avatar pic. click on your picture box, a small peak box inside a larger image will appear top left click on that.
A dialogue will pop up, which allows you to insert your own image. there are three options, choose the one where your desired image resides.

that's about it.

31 minutes ago, Scott said:

G'day Ben and welcome to sgl. as others have said, any and all help is welcome here.
We don't cringe at the arrival of inexperienced members, we'd run out of things to talk about if we did :D 

Yes, but as pure scientific curiosity :evil:, I wish I knew if that anguish about the recurrent collimation thread is real.

On 8/26/2016 at 21:11, Ben the Ignorant said:

Hey, I'm new to the forum but not new to stargazing, so relax, I'll spare you the dreaded "Please-help-me-with-my-collimation-from-a-distance" thread. :icon_biggrin:

Admit you are relieved! Admit you have that fear everytime a newcomer shows up, and confess you sighed in relief! :icon_biggrin:

No, seriously, I don't want to make fun of newbies and their questions; I was a newbie at a time, now I help them with their problems on the field, or by mail, I just wanted to play a little psychology with my new friends, teasing is okay. I just registered, and had my own moment of worry and relief after the registration confirmation email took nearly an hour to arrive in my mailbox. I guess computers like to tease people, too.

Just stopped by to say hello, will need to find to find out how to display an avatar (I already have the proper image in mind), and later I will share some DIY tips, my main reason for joining.

Till the next discussion.

Oh, no! not the dreaded avatar question :icon_biggrin:

Hi Ben, Welcome to the SGL!  

John

Archived