Hello from North Yorkshire

martinh40

Hello everyone,

I'm just getting back into my hobby after several years away and selling all my previous kit (sniff).

I used to live in Castleford and it made observing without getting in the car pratically impossible due to the light pollution.

Well we moved about 18 months ago to a little village in a green zone just west of Selby. We've no street lights in the village and open views to the back of the house (north unfortunately) but pretty good views south too. Not got a new scope yet but looking for something like a Celestron VX 8 SCT or 8inch Skywatcher on a HEQ5 Pro. I'm looking to get into astrophotography too (I'm a pro photographer by trade). So hello everyone and thoughts on the choice of scope? (Pretty much DSO will be main viewing)

16 minutes ago, martinh40 said:

Hello everyone,

I'm just getting back into my hobby after several years away and selling all my previous kit (sniff).

I used to live in Castleford and it made observing without getting in the car pratically impossible due to the light pollution.

Well we moved about 18 months ago to a little village in a green zone just west of Selby. We've no street lights in the village and open views to the back of the house (north unfortunately) but pretty good views south too. Not got a new scope yet but looking for something like a Celestron VX 8 SCT or 8inch Skywatcher on a HEQ5 Pro. I'm looking to get into astrophotography too (I'm a pro photographer by trade). So hello everyone and thoughts on the choice of scope? (Pretty much DSO will be main viewing)

Hi and welcome. Not to far away from you in Hull, but you've got a great location there for observing with minimum LP to deal with. Hope you enjoy your views at the new place when you get your scope. :) 

Archived