Hello from northern Colorado

CV20

Greetings everyone, from northern Colorado...

New to here, obviously, novice astronomer who is making progress.

I have a decent stable of Celestron gear -- C90 Mak-Cass, CPC800, CPC1100 -- all that I share with my daughter and her interests in photography.

I also have an inflated library of astronomy books (old and new), planisphere(s) and atlases, and the usual How-Come/Where-To references.

Clear dark skies here, quiet except for harsh winds at times, and the reason I returned to astronomy after many years.

For now I'm basically just wandering SGL to get my bearings, I plan to lurk the beginners and astro-photography forums.

personal: retired from IT (ie, another boomer with time on his hands)

Looking forward to following the threads here.

Hey CV20,

Welcome. Nice to know another novice like me. Just joined yesterday. I wondered away from astrology over 30 years ago for family and work. used to have a 8" DOB. Back then it was expensive, so I put it away and never found it again, still don't know what happened to it. Retired now, I bought a good starter or a re-starter scope per say, a Celestron PowerSeeker 80EQ with a motor drive, starting small. Skies won't clear up here for a week or so, so I'm studding this site for resourceful info. Everyone is helpful and already is feeling like family. I'm excited to get back into it and now re-learning the constellations. can't wait till I get so sleepy when I figure out it's time to back go in and get some sleep. 

Nice  you decided to sign up CV.
You have a nice array of books and equipment to drive you, and your daughter forward into Astronomy.
If your daughter's primary interest is photography, the skies can provide her with some  challenges, and some wonderful subjects  too.
Astro Photography is a challenge, and also can be expensive, but some super results can be got from a driven camera properly setup for AP
on your scope mount. 
Enjoy your residence here, and we look forward to your progress in your Astronomy  adventures.
Best Wishes.

Archived