Hi from Anglesey

WarrenC

Hi all, 

A quick hello from Anglesey, North Wales!

I took up landscape photography early last year and soon progessed into astrophotography/milky way/aurora etc. and have learnt a lot from friends I've made in the meantime. I don't have any telescopes etc., just a dslr and a facination with the subject. I'm blown away by most of the images on here and the efforts that folks go to to capture them! I'll mostly be browsing, but hopefully I'll post some wide field images if this cloud ever clears and I get the chance to head out.

Regards,

Warren

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

As for Anglesey, yes the skies are pretty good. We have our fair share of aeroplanes flying over though! The Aurora shot below was taken from the north of the island, the orange glow on the right of the horizon is the Isle of Man, and on the left is Belfast.

3 hours ago, Sirius Starwatcher said:

Hi Warren and welcome to SGL. Am I right in thinking you've got reasonable dark skies on the island.?

PSX_20160306_231455.jpg

Archived