SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

July 5th - Nice Hedgerow Prominence, x2 filaproms.

paulastro

A very nice hedgerow prominence on the SE limb, and two filaproms.  The best filaprom is the large filament arriving at the NNW limb, and a much smaller one on the W limb.

Single frames with the Lunt 60 DS and Olympus E-M10 at 500 asa.  First pic taken at 8.11 am on 1/80 sec, and the second taken at 8.17 am on 1/15 sec.

P7050380c.jpgP7050424a.jpgP7050424b.jpgP7050424c.jpg

Many thanks for all your kind comments.  Here's an updated frame taken at 2.20 pm - just over six hours after this mornings picture.  This afternoon the sky was much more transparent than earlier and the view through the Lunt DS was fabulous using the binoviewer. 

I'm also wondering who has drawn a £ sign on the E limb, between the hedgerow prominence and the active area just to the S of it!?

P7050475b.jpg

2 hours ago, paulastro said:

I'm also wondering who has drawn a £ sign on the E limb, between the hedgerow prominence and the active area just to the S of it!?

I reckon you drew it on with a felt tip. With all the clouds around the chances are that nobody's going to know any different.

Cracking images with a fair amount going on. Here's hoping for something in WL soon.

20 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

I reckon you drew it on with a felt tip. With all the clouds around the chances are that nobody's going to know any different.

Cracking images with a fair amount going on. Here's hoping for something in WL soon.

Ha, that made me chuckle John.  I'm glad you managed to see it - my wife and daughter didn't think it looked like a £ even when I enlarged it as big as the monitor! :hiding:

Archived