NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

June 27th - Nice Filaprom and Filaments on E Limb

paulastro

A quick session between 6.08 to 6.32 am.  Best prominences in the East where there was a nice filaprom and some nice filaments coming into view.   Single frame using Lunt 60 DS and Olympus E-M10, taken at 6.11 am, 1/30 sec at 500 asa.

P6270019e.jpgP6270019f.jpg

2 hours ago, bunnygod1 said:

It's all happening in that area isn't it,  looking forward to seeing it later (hopefully)

Thanks Pete.  Fingers crossed you get a view later, very dull here now, that might be it for the day.

46 minutes ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Very nice. Interesting area moving into view. No luck here, alas

Thanks Michael.  Lets hope it's a nice strong AR coming into view - though weather-wise the next few days look rather challenging up here.

32 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Nice early bird images Paul, looks like some nice filaments coming around, thanks for the view.

Tipping down here.

Dave :clouds2:

Thanks Dave, just checked the Met weather map and you might possibly have a slot around 7pm if you can get the sun at that time.  I think it will be touch and go.

26 minutes ago, paulastro said:

Thanks Dave, just checked the Met weather map and you might possibly have a slot around 7pm if you can get the sun at that time.  I think it will be touch and go.

Yes, looks possible later, will set up ready if / when the rain stops.

Dave

1 hour ago, David Smith said:

Good capture Paul. The forecast says clear early tomorrow morning, I'll believe it when I see it!

Good luck tomorrow morning David,  Don't tell anyone, but it's a similar forecast here!  :icon_biggrin:

Thanks everyone for your kind comments.  I have to admit, I'm quite excited myself now about what may be 'round the corner'.  The only thing is it puts the pressure on to try and make sure you get a view every day for the next few days to see what it might actually be!

Good luck everyone, I hope if I'm clouded out that all those people who do see it are good enough to post their images here on SGL so at least I can see what I'm missing!  :grin:

Archived