Hello from Merseyside!

7cups

Evening all,

Im an absolute newbie, frustrating I am sure!

Being a bit of a technology buff I've been able to pick things up really quickly.

Im just wondering if there was anything in particular to look out for this evening in the Northwest UK while there is such a clear sky tonight?

I've attached a few pictures I've been able to take from my back garden in the last week or so.

I can see this very quickly taking over my life - ha!

cheers guys!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

If you have a pc download stellarium it's a free program that will show you constellations and other things to see in the sky.  You can also go into the settings of stellarium and fast forward time to plan ahead what to view etc. By the way welcome to SGL.  And this kind of thing can very easily take over your life.  But I'm sure you will have a great time letting it! :)

Hello from another Merseysider!

Just been out and spotted Saturn's moons Titan and Rhea.  Saturn nice and sharp at x85 - any more and it got fuzzy.

Then tried for a few clusters, but saw nothing - I hadn't bothered with the dewshield, and there was a faint misting all over the corrector plate.  Damn!

And you're right about it taking over your life.  And wallet.

Doug.

Hi 7cups and welcome to SGL, it certainly can take over your life and your pocket too, if you are not careful, the members will readily help you spend you money wisely:icon_biggrin: enjoy your astronomy and the forum :) 

Hi all!

Thanks for all the welcomes and the software advice!

I'll have a nosey at them shortly.

Didnt get to do any stargazing last night I am afraid - the misses but the kibosh on it lol!

The forecast for tonight looks excellent, so with any luck I'll get out tonight armed with new software and advice.

Cheers guys, really appreciate it

• 3 weeks later...

Archived