NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello From The Deep South Usa

JackM594

I'm new here, but a relatively experienced observer and occasional AP. I'm a retired electrical engineer, retired cattleman and now semi-retired tree farmer. In other words, I'm getting "a little long in the tooth". I have an Explora Dome observatory in the back pasture with a C-9.25 on an older GEM mount on a 12" concrete pier, a ZEQ-25 mount with ES 80ED for easy portability and wide field use and a modified Canon T3i for AP. I hope to replace the old GEM with a CEM-60 this year, and a 115-130mm APO is on my wish list.

post-49090-0-02661300-1452875420.jpg

post-49090-0-72456100-1452877951.jpg

Thanks mates! I've been on Cloudy Nights for a long time, but its nice to hear from "across the pond". My family and I lived in England for two years in the '70s, working on BP's Forties Field. We saw a lot of Scotland too, wonderful experience

Jack

Welcome to SGL, Jack!

Baseball fan?

Dana

Oh Yes! The only sport I was ever good at, and that was a long time ago. I had an aunt and uncle who lived in Chicago when I was young, spent a couple summers with them. We went to Cubs and White Socks games nearly every weekend.

Hi Sara,

Beautiful, beautiful pics, congratulations. I wish I had the time and your skies and obvious talent. Most of my AP is of the "camera observing" variety, just documenting that I've been there. I have no artistic talent at all.

Jack

Archived