NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New member - Gloucestershire

Stavros

Hi everyone, I'm looking to make a return to my childhood passion and I'll be looking for advise & guidance!

My wife and I regularly go away in our caravan generally in areas of little light pollution, I've often looked up and wanted to know what I was looking at !  

When I was a child my knowledge base extended to the Mercury 7 and the NASA programs, like all small boys it was rockets! Now I've grown up I just want to look up!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and hopefully we can 'clink' scopes 1 evening.

Kind Regards

Stuart

Hi Stuart and welcome to the forum. You might want to consider downloading some free planetarium software called Stellarium. It can be easily configured to your observation location creating an exact copy of the night sky from that position. Great for identifying objects and for discovering where new objects reside and importantly, will help you familiarise yourself with the night sky and its many constellations, especially when the clouds come in! Among its many useful features, the advance date/time facility is great too as you can use it to anticipate when objects will become available above the horizon etc.

Clear skies and hope you enjoy the forum.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived