NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello

Welsh-18

Hello my name is dion im a 19 year old lad from north wales, ill star by saying that i am a complete novice at stargazing my experience is limited to books and binoculars, havent moved on to telescopes as i am worried about purchasing one and and having a bad start and then giving up on this hobby(really dont want that to be the case) i joined here as i want to progress further into the world of astronomy and learn as much as i can and enjoy it at the same time with like minded people, thanks for reading , welsh

Hello my name is dion im a 19 year old lad from north wales, ill star by saying that i am a complete novice at stargazing my experience is limited to books and binoculars, havent moved on to telescopes as i am worried about purchasing one and and having a bad start and then giving up on this hobby(really dont want that to be the case) i joined here as i want to progress further into the world of astronomy and learn as much as i can and enjoy it at the same time with like minded people, thanks for reading , welsh

Welcome mate. I'm new here too. I'm.sure you'll enjoy it.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Hi Dion and welcome to the forum. You've certainly come to the right place if you want to know more about kit and the astronomy in general. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions as they arise, just post them in the relevant section and the answers will follow in due course. There is also a search button in the top right hand corner of your screen that will help you access past questions and answers too.

Clear skies and hope you enjoy the forum.

Welcome Dion. While you're waiting to make the plunge and buy some kit, spend time learning the night sky either naked eye or bins. This will save you a lot of time once you do get started. Learn to recognise star patterns, constellations and how they move across the sky. I wish I had! A great free resource is Stellarium, a free download☺

Good luck and keep in touch, and don't hesitate to ask anything at all. We all had to start somewhere!

Clear skies

Jason.

Archived