NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC7635 - The Bubble nebula in HST palette

swag72

This is the first complete image with my Orion Optics ODK10. I was a little worried how my mount would cope with 1.7m in focal length, but I needn't have bothered! This is a Hubble Palette (I know, I know..... not bicolour!!!!) so a little different to my usual.

While the edges look rough on here, they are fine on the larger version........ honest!!!

Details

M: Avalon Linear Fast Reverse
T: ODK10
C: QSI683 ws-g with 3nm narrowband filters.

16x1800s Ha
17x1800s OIII
18x1800s SII

25.5 hours total integration time.

post-5681-0-96326000-1443774346_thumb.jp

You can see a higher res version here 

Thanks all for looking and commenting - It's much appreciated. 

The scope took a little tweaking but the collimation instructions were easy enough to follow. There's a couple of things that I think OO should say before even touching the scope, so I'll forward those thoughts on to the guys at OO.

I was worried about how the Avalon would cope with the scope, but it's absolutely fine and dealing with the focal length admirably. I can't say how pleased I am with this mount, it's a top quality product (even if it's just a blinged up EQ6!!! :D

As for the Kodak chip ............ Love it!!! I wish I'd never bothered with the ICX814 Sony chip and should not have listened to the doubters out there.

That is very, very impressive with delicate resolution and lovely control of the brightness in the Bubble itself. And your usual 'no slacking' approach to getting enough data!

Yves and I never did get a manual for his ODK, though I asked for one. You seem to have managed without!

Very impressive performance from the Avalon, too.

Olly

Thanks folks for looking and taking the time to comment :)

........I get the feeling you're not done with this image though?? :)

I can assure you that this image is done for ............... Do you think it needs more? :)

Archived