Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Heads up. BBC2.

kenny k

Yes tried to watch it and what i saw was interesting but sadly had the company of a woman who insisted on talking most of the way through it and then exclaiming she "didnt understand it". 

So i think i must of missed some facts about the 13.5byr old star that had been discovered lurking in our own galaxy. From what i caught it is near pure Hydrogen marking it as one of the earliest stars to have formed (a direct result of the death of the first stars). But what i must of missed is how a early star can exist for so long. My understanding is that the early stars were massive as pure hydrogen burners and that massive stars have short life spans. So how does a star from the birth of light period last a life that exceeds even the span of yellow dwarfs like our Sun?

So i think i must of missed some facts about the 13.5byr old star that had been discovered lurking in our own galaxy. From what i caught it is near pure Hydrogen marking it as one of the earliest stars to have formed (a direct result of the death of the first stars). But what i must of missed is how a early star can exist for so long. My understanding is that the early stars were massive as pure hydrogen burners and that massive stars have short life spans. So how does a star from the birth of light period last a life that exceeds even the span of yellow dwarfs like our Sun?

They explained that the star in question is a second generation star rather than one of the big blue first generation ones.

I thought it was a well presented programme and learned one or two things that I hadn't come across before.

Archived