NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from western Canada

Scorptc

Hello everyone,

Just getting back into astronomy again had a break for some time, just bought a sky watcher Esprit 120 ed and a AZEQ6 going to try some astro photography........... So I just know I am going to be asking lots of stupid questions lol

Looks like a great forum.

Regards,

Scorptc

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you, I haven’t unleashed the potential of the set up yet,  but I’m excited  by its possibilities -  I’m in BC, in the wine growing area, what’s know as the interior of BC

Hi Scorptc and welcome to SGL, very nice refractor and mount you have set yourself up with, to delve into the dark side, as we affectionately call it,  good for observing as well.

As you are on the threshold of Astro imaging, it could be well worth considering investing in a copy of Steve Richards book on the subject, "Making Every Photon Count" most of our imagers, newcomers and seasoned photographers, were raised on a diet of practise and the invaluable help the book provides, copies are available for over seas from here, http://www.skyatnightimages.co.uk

Enjoy your Astronomy and the forum :)

Hi Scorptc and welcome to SGL, very nice refractor and mount you have set yourself up with, to delve into the dark side, as we affectionately call it,  good for observing as well.

As you are on the threshold of Astro imaging, it could be well worth considering investing in a copy of Steve Richards book on the subject, "Making Every Photon Count" most of our imagers, newcomers and seasoned photographers, were raised on a diet of practise and the invaluable help the book provides, copies are available for over seas from here, http://www.skyatnightimages.co.uk

Enjoy your Astronomy and the forum :)

Thank you for the advise I will puchase the book ASAP

Archived