NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Worth the wait...warning contains Moonlite bling...

A few months back the focuser on my 100ED Apo gave up working and finding the part to replace it was near impossible as it is not an off the shelf available part. OV said they could get it but would take a minimum of 4 months and would be £130. So because I wanted to press this scope into some white light service this Summer I ordered a Moonlite from FLO. Even this took a while due customs issues and other delays but none of this was FLOs fault and Martin at FLO kept me updated all the way. Thanks guys, super job as always.

Well now its here and it fitted on like a glove. It feels super quality and looks fantastic. The colour even matches my solar finder! Looking forward to the sun re-appearing and getting some astronomy done this summer

M1_zpsl7d4ctqm.jpg

M2_zpsdzrunffd.jpg

M3_zpswx14pyht.jpg

Notice how the weather changed when this arrived? :sad:

Congrats on the focuser, I've never regretted splashing out on a good one :laugh:  Nice colour scheme going on there, with the Herschel Wedge too.

I love the SW ED100 for solar visual (of course with the special safety filters like your Herschel Wedge), it's all the scope I need. It goes a treat on my giro mount and has a nice amount of aperture to help resolve the finer details. Have fun!

Similar set up Luke, using it with Sabre AZ and UNI18 which is a little heavy for grab n go but very fast to set up and very stable. The Lunt has delivered great views so far with the 80mm so looking forward to seeing some extra detail with the 100.

They are nice arent they? Not just nice to look at but they work well. I bought one (blue :-) )for my 127edt 5 years ago ish and its still a joy to use. I dont think Ive ever adjusted the friction from factory settings its that good. Also I have never had image shift problems when imaging, Im a big fan

Archived