Super night

Davey-T

Tonight is turning out to be one of those rare beasts when it all comes together, the sky is as clear as it ever gets here, no wind, no dew, the mount is tracking perfectly knocking out one spot on sub after another, Saturn is climbing to it's highest point so will have a squint at it for ten minutes, had nice views of Venus and Jupiter earlier so all in all a perfect night.

Dave

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight is turning out to be one of those rare beasts when it all comes together, the sky is as clear as it ever gets here, no wind, no dew, the mount is tracking perfectly knocking out one spot on sub after another, Saturn is climbing to it's highest point so will have a squint at it for ten minutes, had nice views of Venus and Jupiter earlier so all in all a perfect night.

Dave

Lucky..

I haven't had anything perfect in awhile, Whenever I head into the White Mountains the weather usually gets nice with very clear skies. However home I have little luck.

Dave

Tis best night for a long while, my first session since middle of February.

Just come in from 2 hours of 5minute subs on IC 1396.

Still a bit low here and just getting out of the Gatwick light dome.

Data will have to wait till tomorrow night.

Nice sky here too. Came in when it started getting light. Wishing that I didn't have to get up for work this morning...

Spirals in M51!! 5 of the Bodes cluster easily, etc etc

Happy.

Paul

Dave

Glad you had a good night Dave, you've had some rubbish weather to put up with so its about time! Jupiter was looking good, wasn't it? Had to call it a night around 10pm but still nice views.

Nice sky here too. Came in when it started getting light. Wishing that I didn't have to get up for work this morning...

Spirals in M51!! 5 of the Bodes cluster easily, etc etc

Happy.

Paul

Paul you nutter, you must be exhausted! Your skies must be excellent to get spirals in M51! I can barely see it from here :-( nice one.

I wimped out at 10.45 last night but yes, it was excellent. If I hadn't had to get up for work this morning I'd have been imaging all night. As it was I had the bins out and got my first look at M13 for the season.

Compared to my old place the south is worse as I have LP from the main road, back then I was on higher ground and above the street lights of the big roads further south. Having said that, I have more sky visible, to the east I had Capella, Procyon Castor and Pollux, while to the west Vega and Deneb were rising with Arcturus well to the south-east and Spica lower to the south-east.

Venus and Jupiter were well placed too.

Still, underlying all that was the realisation of just how much *should* have been visible but wasn't due to the LP :sad:

One of the clearest nights here too - out with bins 10-12.30. M13 & M92 and Lyra were *superb* with Tento 20×60s. Possibly the best view I've had of M13. Hoping for a similar night soon for some telescope time :)

I went out at 21:30 to a clear sky here in East Yorshire,I managed only one 10 min sub,before total cloud cover.Had to pack in.

It was forecast clear all night,and indeed it did clear to a beautiful sky at around 1AM,but was too late for me to set up again.

Hope to-night might be a little better.

Mick.

I'm doing a bit of daylight lunar at the moment, nice views of a phase I rarely see. Just waiting for the sun to rise high enough actually.

Just been out now & doing a bit

of moon watching. Did not realise

U could see it @ this time of day. 

Steve

Like Michael I didn't manage to get the scope out last night but I also spent some time out just looking through the new B&S 10x42 bins. Some nice wide(ish) field views and a bit of a target hunt for when I next get the scope out. Depending on which weather forecast you see/believe it's supposed to be clear tonight again but also frosty.

I'm doing a bit of daylight lunar at the moment, nice views of a phase I rarely see. Just waiting for the sun to rise high enough actually.

Just been out now & doing a bit

of moon watching. Did not realise

U could see it @ this time of day. 

Steve

Yep. The contrast is lower but still quite a bit on show. Nice

Good night; started setting-up at 10:15 and got to imaging as M63 went past transit at 11pm.  Packed up at 2am as the tree in the garden was just about to block my scopes line of view, and I needed to be up early :rolleyes:.  Got nine shots off in LRGB, and am very much hoping to do the same tonight :).

Lovely night. 

Similar to a previous post:

I flaked out ...  and left the electronics whirring

Unfortunately the laptop sneakily downloaded a load of windows updates (the weather has meant it hasn't been on for a while) and it had the cheek to automatically reboot!.   Imaging session rudely interrupted :mad:

Windows update settings now amended!

Looking promising for tonight too... (the weather, not the windows updates)

Archived