NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Homage to the wonderful helpers and community of Stargazerslounge!

Hi Guys, 

Just thought I'd share my latest blog with you as it's basically a big shout out and thank you for taking the time to help new people like me get to grips with astronomy and our equipment!

www.simon-grace.co.uk

On behalf of newbies everywhere, thank you ALL very much!   :grin:

Beautifully wriiten and a joy to read, Simon. Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice post and for supporting the SGL community. Your 127 should give you loads of pleasure and when the hour is more conducive, you should be able to have some wonderful sessions with Saturn. I hope your own journey through the 'wood' hasn't been too trying but with the energy you portray and the thoughtful and loving support from your family, I'm sure everything will turn out well.

Thank you again.

Rob

Hi Simon. .. great blog site... really enjoyed the photoshop hints. What do you mean no girls in astronomy? Last night I had a hot date with Andomeda, a tempestuous girlfriend but beautiful once in focus. I've tried to get a date with Rhea and Dione but they only rise late at this time of year. Tons of girls in astronomy!

S

Hi Simon & Welcome to SGL.  Great blog, well written.  Hopefully you are on the road to recovery, keep positive, I know what you are going through.

Hi Simon, great homage to sgl. What your words stated, I'm sure reflected everyone's experiences when they all (including myself) stumbled across this community.

Big up.

Don't know about the "not cool" bit. I reckon we're dead cool.:-)

Down through history, us science types have never been "cool". In fact we were deemed rebels,heretics,witches,wizards and a lot of other things. Fast forward to today and those same rebels,heretics are now considered to be some of the greatest minds/people who ever walked the Earth. We are only walking in their footsteps in our own pursuit of understanding and enlightenment. We are walking in the footsteps of giants.

I think thats pretty cool. 

Hi Simon and Welcome to SGL.

As a noob myself, your blog sums up my thoughts on SGL to a tee, you couldn't ask for a more friendly and helpful group of people to help you find your feet in the world of astronomy. Astronomy might not be seen as being cool, but what you can see certainly is cool. :grin:

Ian

Archived