NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn 27th april!

si@nite

My first Saturn imaging run this season in the red channel only,i managed a couple of runs in rgb, but due to my location I can only image at around 15 degs, the green & blue channels were diabolical to say the least, its going to be tough this time around guys unless we get some extraordinary seeing!

post-16599-0-61228000-1430134150.png

post-16599-0-23335000-1430134171.png

Very nice Si-can't visualise Saturn yet at my location. Agree it is going to be tough this time and for the foreseeable due to its elevation. Nice one on getting anything on the sensor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is nice. I got my scope pointed on Saturn last night too from my latest observation position - our bathroom in the loft conversion...

I don't see such a large gap between the planet and the rings.

Richard

Thanks Michael appreciated!

Pretty good for 15 degrees Simon! How long were your Avis? I think we will need 30-45 minute runs in winjupos this time for Saturn.

Cheers Stuart, The rgbs were 3 mins runs each ch- at 20fps with the skyris, but must agree longer runs using wj will be most beneficial at this elevation, although much longer runs without are doable unless imaging storm detail, but at this low alt I believe seeing is absolutely everything to get anything decent on the green & blue channels, bearing in mind I was using an adc fully corrected!

Thanks also Felix & Richard!

Well done Simon, still a beautiful sight - hope to be spending a little time surveying the horizon myself during May ;-)

Im  sure you will get some nice shots Jake, that scope of yours as pulled out some good images of late!

Very nice Simon, not even seen it yet here, wondering if I can even get it because I am surrounded by houses

One thing that is interesting, it looks to me that even though its going to be tough, if any major storms appeared, we should still detect them

Thanks Pete Radders very much appreciated!

Very nice Simon, not even seen it yet here, wondering if I can even get it because I am surrounded by houses

One thing that is interesting, it looks to me that even though its going to be tough, if any major storms appeared, we should still detect them

Agreed Neil theres always hope if conditions are kind to us, Pete produced a an absolute corker last season at around 20 degs so its always worth pluggin away!

Archived