Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter Easter Monday

catman161

OTA: Planeta 10 inch Cassegrain

Mount: AZEQ6

Camera: ASI120MC

SO after much faffing and cable tidying and getting EQMOD and CdC running and attempts at getting collimation better I mounted the scope last night as it was clear and managed a few runs on jupiter at native F18 and came up with the two below pictures.

It was great to be back out again and under the stars, the icing on the cake was that the GRS was on show. These are the best 80% of 2500 frames. Preprocessed in PIPP, then stacked in AS!2 and the waveltes done in registax and then post processing in PSCS2.

They are not the best images but I am still getting used to the scope and plus I am awaiting a new extra counterweight from FLO to get the balance spot on but I was quite pleased with the detail I was able to capture in a relatively short period of time. I have also experimented with each image slightly different processing with regards to colour balance etc. Let me know which you prefer and as always constructive criticism is always welcomed.

I hope to get to grips with the setup the more I use it but for a second attempt I am looking forward to what I will be able to get the more I get used to it and settled in the routine.

post-19290-0-85172100-1428402914.png

post-19290-0-55076700-1428402922.png

Thanks Damian :) it was not a big job with the cabling but just annoying. Current problem I have is if I even so much as slightly knock the usb plug to the mount it loses connection. Currently trying to think of a way to secure the plug so as not to have to worry about knocking it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's really depressing lovely :smile:   

Helen

(depressing because I was out last night with the same camera and a C11 and got broad features rather than the lovely detail you've got :rolleyes: )

That's really depressing lovely :smile:   

Helen

(depressing because I was out last night with the same camera and a C11 and got broad features rather than the lovely detail you've got :rolleyes: )

Hi Helen,

Thanks, I am sure your pics are better than you think, we are our own worst critics!

Excellent captures Felix! :smiley:

Best regards,

Ralph

Archived