Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Aurora from Oxfordshire last night

My first ever photo of an aurora :) taken from north of Witney last night just before midnight. You could see nothing by eye because of the light mist but it was plain to see on the back of the camera. This is an 8 sec exposure @5000iso on the A7s 24mm lens.

Mel

5a1cbbb32a67aee59ccacdff2a09c162.jpg

Wow...lovely.

Seems to have been quite a night for the Aurora and those lucky enough to see it!

All my part of London had last night was the famed Aurora Orangius, North, West and South...... :) 

(Clever sig btw. I have no idea what that first bit is, lol)

Wow, thats got to me one of the first times its ever reached down to Oxfordshire!

Good capture

Will

I saw the 1989 big one here in West Sussex.

Nice to see it so far south again.....it was to cloudy here to see anything.

Very nice.

Even if it had reached as far as London *and* it had been clear (Yeah, right) I wouldn't have seen anything through the horrid orange glow. :mad: .

If we ever do gat an aurora that reaches this far south, *and* is bright enough to bee seen through the LP then we're probably all doomed, and our electronics will be well fried.

Archived