Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Merry Christmas all, glad to see he is still there.

bomberbaz

Yes its just gone midnight and went outside to see first clear skies in 3 weeks and there he was, Jupiter shining bright and beautiful in the night sky. I was actually worried that he might have gone elsewhere as I had not seen him for so long, worry over.  :laugh:

Merry christmas guys n gals, here's to clear skies in the very near future.

Steve  :smiley:

Yep, had it in the scope an hour or so ago, wonderful planet to view. Just started using Sky at night mag to,identify which moon is which too, makes the observing session more memorable.

Got my first view of M1 also this evening. Can anyone suggest whether a UHC filter would help,observing this target please?

Happy Christmas all.

Took my novice father in law out for an hour or so with the bins (I've bought him identical bins for his birthday, and as soon as Telescope House repair or replace them he'll be able to go solo). He was blown away by the Orion Nebula and Pleiades, managed to tease out the different shapes of M81 and M82, and saw the disc and moons of Jupiter (first time I've been up late enough this year to see this in the evening!). Stunningly dark skies here in rural Gloucestershire. Then back in for a large glass of wine, some choccies and the Good Life CHristmas episode!

Merry Christmas everyone.

Paul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was clear at first here, up to about 8.30 then the clouds came over interupting my Astrodon's first light. Forecast is for clear tonight so may give it another go. Want to see if there's any nitrogen in NGC 281

I should add that it's beautifully clear this morning. Typical!

Merry Christmas everyone :)

For the first time in ages all the kit was happy and I managed 65 x 5 minute subs of M1. Packed in at 11:30, didn't want to interrupt Santa delivering :)

Have a great day all.

Ant

Had a quick naked eye of the early ISS pass, one of the best views I've had, then had my dinner.

Set up about 6.30pm and focused on Orion for a start, had a good gawp at M42/3 and the doubles round the belt. 

Moved over to M35, had a cracking view of this great cluster but packed up early as my neighbour had gone out and left her porch light on and another neighbour put his flood lights on, it was also very windy. Musn't grumble too much as at least I got some time at the EP.

Happy Christmas and many clear nights in the New Year.

Archived