Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Don't want to put a hex on it but I hope to be out tonight as it is peak night. Anyone else planning to do the same?

• Like 2

Yes, looking forward to it, clear skies predicted, but could could be scupper by mist & fog.  Saw some nice bright ones from the back garden last night, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed :).

• Like 1

Thinking about it, need to decide if the near spot or the darker one further away.

If it's clear I am hoping to have a little look, caught a couple last night. Happy hunting and ignore anything cone-shaped :D

• Like 1

Excellent, sounds like there will be a bunch of us out tonight then. I may try some wide field dslr shots but whatever I will update here as the night progresses.

Happy hunting all and clear skies.

• Like 1

Excellent, sounds like there will be a bunch of us out tonight then. I may try some wide field dslr shots but whatever I will update here as the night progresses.

Happy hunting all and clear skies.

cheers, yes ill be armed with my DSLR only tonight, and hopefully be able to pinch one of my friends L lenses :D

my plan is to get a nice foreground in shot, was thinking of durdle door as i have not been there yet, looks an amazing place and suppose to be one of the darkest places around my way, but might save durdle door for a nice moon'less night

https://www.flickr.com/search?sort=relevance&text=durdle%20door

Edited by tingting44

After a visual look when go to bed with be leaving two cameras running until battery flat on upstairs window 10 second exp 1 every 30 seconds so might get lucky :-) will fit the fast vintage lens on the dslr but focus might be hard through the dreaded glass.

For those taking images proper outside food luck :-)

my plan is to get a nice foreground in shot, was thinking of durdle door as i have not been there yet, looks an amazing place and suppose to be one of the darkest places around my way, but might save durdle door for a nice moon'less night

https://www.flickr.com/search?sort=relevance&text=durdle%20door

Looks an impressive place and would mak an excellent foregroud for an image as you suggest. Good luck.

After a visual look when go to bed with be leaving two cameras running until battery flat on upstairs window 10 second exp 1 every 30 seconds so might get lucky :-) will fit the fast vintage lens on the dslr but focus might be hard through the dreaded glass.

For those taking images proper outside food luck :-)

Look forward to seeing what you catch.

• Like 2

I've been out in the garden since 8pm with camera pointed north east trying to catch a Geminid. Seen loads of fantastic meteors but none in my field of view (yet) - I've had to come in to warm up my camera as the lens has dewed up; I thought I did well to get a couple of hours out of it considering it's FREEZING outside tonight (but beautifully clear in Essex)... Anyhow, a few beers, a warm-up and back out (hopefully the cloud will hold off)...

• Like 2

Managed 40 minutes and seen 3 and 1 faint one. 2 to the right of Orion and two to the right of Gemini.

I think in for me now very cold.

• Like 1

Walked the dog around 7:30 CET and was lucky to spot seven in about half an hour. Amazingly no clouds tonight.

Best of luck to all of you.

• Like 1

Really kicked off just as I got settled out (around 20:30). Recorded 37 in just under 2 hours. In for a quick brew now before the next stint.

May you all have clear skies and lots of meteors :smiley:

I caught about a dozen or so, maybe have another session after midnight if it stays clear, its threatening to mist over. I think it is finally time to dig deep for a DSLR!

Right, camera has thawed-out, I'm going back out before the moon or clouds ruin any chance of catching a Geminid...

• Like 1

Calling it a night, was a nice relaxing bit of fun, best was a really bright one streaking through Taurus. Quite a lof of faint ones as well. Hope everyone had fun.

Well it was good while it lasted but sadly clouds have now stopped play :sad:  Still, I managed to record 47 (not all Geminids) in just under 3 hours. Will stick around for a while and see if it clears again but doesn't look good.

• Like 1

Chasing clouds up here in Durham but managed to see 17 since 10.00. Only caught one on video though. Best one came while I was adjusting the camera!

Chasing clouds up here in Durham but managed to see 17 since 10.00. Only caught one on video though. Best one came while I was adjusting the camera!

Typical!

100% cloud here now.