Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent, sounds like there will be a bunch of us out tonight then. I may try some wide field dslr shots but whatever I will update here as the night progresses.

Happy hunting all and clear skies.

cheers, yes ill be armed with my DSLR only tonight, and hopefully be able to pinch one of my friends L lenses :D

After a visual look when go to bed with be leaving two cameras running until battery flat on upstairs window 10 second exp 1 every 30 seconds so might get lucky :-) will fit the fast vintage lens on the dslr but focus might be hard through the dreaded glass.

For those taking images proper outside food luck :-)

my plan is to get a nice foreground in shot, was thinking of durdle door as i have not been there yet, looks an amazing place and suppose to be one of the darkest places around my way, but might save durdle door for a nice moon'less night

https://www.flickr.com/search?sort=relevance&text=durdle%20door

Looks an impressive place and would mak an excellent foregroud for an image as you suggest. Good luck.

After a visual look when go to bed with be leaving two cameras running until battery flat on upstairs window 10 second exp 1 every 30 seconds so might get lucky :-) will fit the fast vintage lens on the dslr but focus might be hard through the dreaded glass.

For those taking images proper outside food luck :-)

Look forward to seeing what you catch.

I've been out in the garden since 8pm with camera pointed north east trying to catch a Geminid. Seen loads of fantastic meteors but none in my field of view (yet) - I've had to come in to warm up my camera as the lens has dewed up; I thought I did well to get a couple of hours out of it considering it's FREEZING outside tonight (but beautifully clear in Essex)... Anyhow, a few beers, a warm-up and back out (hopefully the cloud will hold off)...

Archived