Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi Allan - fascinating plots you shared - amazing never seen plots like that before. Could I ask you a quick question if you don't mind please: how do you get a fix on trajectory? The fov doesn't overlap for 'stereoscopic' methods I guess? However you are able to get radial distance estimates... Intrigued here :) Really adds a new dimension to it all to see those plots - thanks very much for sharing, Niall.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its all done with Sonataco's 'UFO Capture' software. (no its not for ufo spotting. lol) Its not cheap, but combined with UFO Analyser and UFO Orbit, (both free) it does tons of things that I could not begin to tell you. Its just a brilliant bit of software for meteor capture and analysis.

It really does add a new dimension to meteor capture. When its used with data from different cameras miles apart which capture the same meteors, it does even more. I have only just started using it and have only brushed the surface of its capabilities.

Its all done with Sonataco's 'UFO Capture' software. (no its not for ufo spotting. lol) Its not cheap, but combined with UFO Analyser and UFO Orbit, (both free) it does tons of things that I could not begin to tell you. Its just a brilliant bit of software for meteor capture and analysis.

It really does add a new dimension to meteor capture. When its used with data from different cameras miles apart which capture the same meteors, it does even more. I have only just started using it and have only brushed the surface of its capabilities.

Thanks - really great stuff :)

Archived