Hello there from a new member.

opusdei

I've had a Skywatcher 200P for about a year and used it at home and also in the dark sky park in Galloway Forest. I am enjoying myself enormously and have taken some nice pictures of Jupiter and the 4  inner moons. Just literally two hours ago got a Synscan Pro goto upgrade for my EQ5 mount and am just slowly assembling it with the aid of YouTube. During the video there a few references to the Star gazers lounge so `i thought  I'd log on to have a look. Anyone else done this? instructions with the pack are negligible, but YouTube has come to the rescue here.I bought this from First Light Optics and it arrived within 3 days, great service!

Hi and welcome to SGL - If you have a specific question it may be better answered in the main part of the forum - many folks don't look in the welcome section. Glad you found us, I'm sure folks will be able to help.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hi Opusdei and welcome to SGL. I've not done that mod I'm afraid, I'll leave that for those who don't have 10 thumbs :). Have a gander at the diy section and no doubt there will be someone who's done it.

Best of luck and clear skies.

O'Siyo (Cherokee greeting), Opusdei, and welcome! Youtube is a good resource for DIY. Post your inquiry to the specific forum on here and I'm sure you'll find someone who has done that modification.

Astronomical evenings,

Reggie

Hi and welcome to the forum. I see you have already been seduced by the imaging bug (...normally termed the 'dark side' :grin:) so look forward to see your next images posted up on the forum here.

Clear skies and hope you enjoy your stay.

Hi Opusdie and welcome to SGL, many external paths can lead you to this forum, which is a veritable library of information and help, for both newcomers and experienced Astronomers alike. Seek out the various sections and post for solutions to whatever problem you may have, enjoy :)

Archived