Please suggest me a good telescope

viveksakthi

Hello everybody,
I am just an amateur, interested in astronomy and planning to buy a good but economical telescope.
For the same, i did some research in the internet regarding the specifications and thus i came across your models.
While going through the various models available with Galileo telescopes, I got interested with the following telescopes.

Skyview IV - 70mm AZ Refractor Telescope, Konus Konustart 900 Motor Electronic and Galileo Skyview III - Refracting Telescope for the Experts

And in Celesrton telescopes, i came across two series - Powerseeker and Astromaster.

While referring their specifications, there were some models with almost the same specifications, but comes in two different series.
Could you please help me in differentiating those two series.
And kindly tell me your opinion about Celestron Powerseeker 70AZ and 
​​
Celestron PowerSeeker 76 AZ

Kindly suggest me a preferential order among these telescopes, if i want to observe some nebulae, Saturn rings, may be moons of Jupiter (if possible) etc.
And kindly enlighten me with what other celestial objects would be visible with each.

Hi, and welcome to SGL.

There is an 'equipment' section on SGL (just scroll down when you log in). You may get more replies to your questions on scopes if you copy your post to that section, under 'Discussions - Scopes/Whole setups', as more people tend to read that section.

Hope you enjoy your time here, there is a 'wealth' of information within the various forums.

Hi - at the risk of being contentious - a big reflector is  a good choice for a large first scope - SCTs are mass produced and my old 11inch Celestron needed loads of cool down time and then misted up on the corrector plate after half  an hour - reflectors have no added colour and refractors are very expensive for similar apertures - just my two penny worth - best wishes -Tony

Welcome :)

I think with what you are looking at the important thing to make sure is that if you are looking at either a reflector or a refractor telescope that the stated focal length of the telescope is more or less the same as the physical length.

For example, you do not want a telescope that has a focal length of 1000mm but the telescope tube is only about 500mm long. This is not ideal as it means there is a magnifyer built into the focuser unit.

If my internet was not so slow tonight I might have used the search on here to see if members had posted their reviews of the 70Az.

Do you have internet links to the telescopes you are looking at?

Archived