Hello from derbados!

davedavedave

Evening stargazers,

I thought I'd join this lovely forum as it's always been so helpful when doing google searches on astro issues!

I've always been interested in astronomy but was put off by poor 'toy' telescopes that I tried in my younger days. Happily I have recently joined the massed ranks of Skywatcher 200p dob owners and have loved it!

I'm on a bit of an upgrades mission already(have already flocked it) so will be posting lots of questions asking advice from your collective wisdom.

Clear skies everyone,

Dave

Greetings Dave and welcome to the lounge.

Very nice scope you picked very portable and extremely capable no more toy telescopes from now on.

there are quite a few members in your area so it's worth keeping an eye on who pops in.I'm in Mansfield not many light years away.

Have fun m8

Andy

davedavedave......Hi there, another welcome to SGL

The first line in my signature are my recommendations to you in upgrading the telescope. The Eyepieces work very well on the f/6 telescope, and their very affordable.  You may want to exchange or add to your present finder scope. I like the straight view variant already fitted, and a Telrad is another firm favourite. I'm considering purchasing my second TELRAD although I need to wear glasses to use that device. Others will advise accordingly after you start supplying your questions.

Darker skies too you.

Archived