Greetings from Puerto Rico

matruco

Hi and welcome to SGL from an imager! Are you interested in DSO's or planetary / solar? I ask as generally what works for one will not work for the other. If DSO's are your thing, see if you can get hold of a copy of 'Making Every Photon Count' - and don't spend a penny on anything until you've read it ........ twice!!! 

Do you have any kit so far?

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hi Matruco and welcome to the forum. Astrophotography is a very popular part of astronomy and although it can appear to have a steep learning curve at the beginning, it does get a little easier as time goes by as there is plenty to understand. It doesn't have to cost a lot of money but it does rather depend on what object you are waning to create an image from. Objects in the solar system require a little less kit than imaging deep sky objects (DSO's) sue to them being so faint and as a result require longer exposures taken from very accurate mounts.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions in the relevant imaging sections as it is very important from the start to have an overview of what is involved and the kit that you will need.

Clear skies for now and hope you enjoy the forum

James 

Thanks all for reply...

I have bought a C8-A XTL (CGE) OTA only (perfect condition), optic finder 9x50, 1.25 diagonal, Baader click-lock adapter, dew chield, dew heater and a plastic carrying case for the scope from a friend for a bargain.

i need the mount which i think im going to buy this weekend. thinking to buy a Celestron AVX (thats the more i can afford right now). i do have a Canon Rebel T1i.

And thats about it. When i get everything together i post back for any more suggestions...

Thanks all...

Archived