Hi everyone

Rapidaz

Hi everyone , I'm Aaron 36 from tamworth , I've always been interested in astronomy and I've decided to buy myself my first telescope , I know I've join this site but I'm looking for advice for a first telescope and hope to make new friends

Hi Aaron and welcome to SGL - Glad that you found us, this is a friendly place. You could look up whether there are any astro societies nearby - I'm sure that would be really helpful.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hi Aaron & Welcome to SGL.  If you post in Beginners section & say what budget you have & what you are interested in seeing you will get more replies as more people would see it. 

Hi Aaron and welcome to SGL. It is worth spending quite some time, both in research and advice, before parting with your hard earned pennies on a scope. Whilst you do battle with "now what shall I buy" why not invest in a modest pair of binoculars in the 7x50 or 10x50 range , this can start you off observing right away, as an aid in learning about the night sky. Binoculars are a worthwhile investment, as they will also form a useful part of your future observing kit, enjoy :)

Welcome !

I just joined a few days ago, and found these 2 threads particularly helpful :

What Can I Expect to See....?

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/196278-what-can-i-expect-to-see/

Essential reading for those who are thinking about getting into Astronomy !

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/35441-essential-reading-for-those-who-are-thinking-about-getting-into-astronomy/

This is a friendly place where you should be able to get lots of helpful advice.

Skywatcher HERITAGE-130P Dobsonian Telescope

It's the scope I'm getting but just I worried about light pollution , there's a lot where I live . So if I got a 90mm refactor insted would that be better?

Archived