Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New to the Forum

JRWASTRO

Greetings to all from Sandy Creek in South Australia.

We are into a wet winter so the Stargazerslounge seems to be a good place to be. When the weather clears I may get in some viewing on the Dob perhaps even an image or two.

Clear skies to all,

Cheers and Beers,

Jeremy.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peter, Gordon, Mary, Avtar, Oldpink and Richard many thanks for the warm welcome.

Greetings Mary, my dob is a Skywatcher 10" dob with the Synscan goto option. This is my "grab and go" telescope.

And

Greetings Richard, an island called Tree ? Sounds remote and dark when the weather clears.

For the record the weather has cleared to be, possibly, a very clear night. Current temperature is 10C @ 17:45 ( sun set about 25 minutes ago) and there will be heavy dew as the dew point is 8C and the temperature is falling fast.

Cheers and Beers,

Jeremy

Welcome Jeremy, I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here as much as the rest of us do.

By far the best astronomy forum to exist. There is not a single bit of advice that can't be gotten at almost an instants notice and, most importantly, delivered in a helpful and friendly manner.

All the best!

Aaron

g'day Jeremy, and yes, I'm an aussie (from Wollongong although living in the uk now) so I can say g'day without sounding ridiculous ;). welcome to the forums, What do you use for imaging and what do you image? dso, planetary or solar?

g'day Jeremy, and yes, I'm an aussie (from Wollongong although living in the uk now) so I can say g'day without sounding ridiculous ;). welcome to the forums, What do you use for imaging and what do you image? dso, planetary or solar?

A BIG thank you to to everybody for such a warm welcome. It seems rather peculiar to be part of an astronomical forum where one is almost 180 degrees displaced from the bulk of the forum members perhaps we can bring a different view. The pun is not intended.

Yes, G'day Scott. Imaging is a by product of my observing. The cameras I use are quite ordinary an old Canon 5D and a Starshoot Pro colour camera. I mainly image DSO's to observe more detail. Planets and the sun are not exactly " my cup of tea". I have two telescopes mounted side by side a wide field refractor and a narrow field reflector. The refractor is an Astro- Physics 130 EDF ( f 6.3) and the narrow field telescope is a Takahashi Mewlon 250CR.

Clear skies, and cheers and beers,

Jeremy.

Archived