Hello people of earth

sheebert239

Hello Guys and Gals,

I have been interested in astronomy for a few years now and am considering going in astrophysics. I recently joined an astronomy club through my university and found that I am enjoying it a lot. With some online research and help from my fellow club members I went out and bought a beginner dob (orion xt8 classic). I got it around march, and now having used it for a couple of months + some long nights of star-hopping and studying star charts have taught myself many of the locations of deep celestial objects in the sky. I recently went out and bought myself a few new eyepieces, explore scientific 82 degree 8.8 mm, explore scientific 82 degree 18 mm, explore scientific 82 degree 24 mm, an orion X2 barlow, and a moon filter. I tried out all of these eyepieces on my telescope from my friend and found that they work very well on my scope. 

favorite objects: m81, m82, m13, m31, m51, m4, m7, m8, m57, m42, saturn, jupiter, mars, and epsilon & lyrae.

Thanks for taking your time to read this, I cant wait to be part of this community and expand my knowledge of astronomy into something bigger.

-Adam

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Adam, welcome to the Lounge, you've found a great source of info, by joining us on here. Loads of very nice, and knowledgeable people, who are always willing to answer any questions you might have. ;)

Archived