NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eastern Europe Sky

Fury

Hello.. My name in Mircea, though that may be a weird name for english-speaking members to pronounce without sounding like "mercy". I am 22 and live in Bucharest, Romania with unfortunately a sky on the opaque side  :rolleyes:

I am very new to this field but with a childhood full of science-fiction stories and shows, i finally decided to look up though more than just my eyes.

I am eager to get out there when the time permits so i bought a small refractor a few days ago and already Mars, Jupiter and Saturn were up for a chat and M13 was just barely waving hello. 

My gear may not impress but although i could have purchased a 114 reflector i decided to go mobile and bought a small 70mm travelscope so i could take it everywhere. 

So, hello and thanks for the opportunity to learn  :grin:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there,

I discovered the universe with a chain store 60mm refractor many years ago.

My fondest memories are from those days of discovery. I'm sure you'll collect some life long memories too :)

A Big welcome to SGL from next door, I am not that far away from you, I imagine the sky for you is something like the sky in Sofia, rather poor, fortunately I do not live there and have very good dark skys in central Bulgaria. I hope you enjoy the forum.

Hi Mercea welcome to the lounge

the weather is pretty grim here too, L P and grey sky's don't help

this hobby at all, enjoy your time here in S G L.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Archived