Hello from Stockholm, Sweden.

swebonny

Been loving space ever since I was a kid. Was even planning to study it. But in the end I had to be realistic. The job prospects here in Sweden weren't good at all and in the end I ended up with Computer Engineering instead. I'm on my 3rd year now and even though I like it, astronomy/space is still something that I'll place above everything else. It has now been I don't know, maybe 15 years since this interest started and I've recently managed to get enough money to get some decent gear. 

Bought a 200p Skywatcher not long ago with the NEQ-5 mount. Soon I ordered the motors and just recently PMd TCWORLD and ordered an AstroEQ unit. Feels like it's quite an expensive hobby, haha. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Swebonny and welcome to SGL, yes Astronomy can addictive and run away with your money, if you let it. Especially if you go over to the dark side ( AP ) not only will you not have any pennies but you are likely to lose your pockets as well :D but you will enjoy it :)

Thanks guys :D

Hi Swebonny and welcome to SGL, yes Astronomy can addictive and run away with your money, if you let it. Especially if you go over to the dark side ( AP ) not only will you not have any pennies but you are likely to lose your pockets as well :D but you will enjoy it :)

Speaking of AP, I forgot to mention that I also got a T-ring and adapter for an old Nikon D60 DLSR that I've had for a while. Been trying to get a few easier shots, but with not so good results, but I hope I'll improve the more I try. Haha and I shall hold onto my pockets for as long as I can. 

Archived