Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Omega Centauri

RAC

Another test of my scope and the first colour image from it.

10 x 3min RGB

12 x 4min Lum

Atik 383L mono camera

Astronomik L-RGB 2" filters

Stacked with DSS, processed in PixIsight

Carbon Serrurier truss Royce 10" f4 Newtonian.

Televue paracorr type 2

Celestron CGE mount.

Full size here

14042376310_218c92bc20_b.jpg

Omega Centauri by Raymond Collecutt, on Flickr

Great work on a massive object, it makes M13 look anorexic... I was fortunate to observe and get a couple of subs last year from the Canaries but even then it was low on the horizon...this is very good.

Amazing image!!!

That project of your is really singing now, great mirror you got there, and I've seen you comparo of the MPCC and Parracor, wow it's a big difference in sharpness, it made me want to get a parracor to replace my MPCC :)

Please, do keep on sending more beauties:)

Amazing image!!!

That project of your is really singing now, great mirror you got there, and I've seen you comparo of the MPCC and Parracor, wow it's a big difference in sharpness, it made me want to get a parracor to replace my MPCC :)

Please, do keep on sending more beauties:)

Yes it was a great relief when i slipped the Paracorr in and found everything as perfect as i could ever hope for. There is a very small amount of tilt on the sensor or focuser but if it's focused well i cant tell and the scope is super stable with temps. The Paracorr puts the camera out at about the same distance as an eyepiece would be so i needed to shift the mirror back about 80mm. But now if i want to use the scope for visual all i do is unscrew the camera and put the top back on the Paracorr, and the Paracorr works awesome for viewing!

Archived