Greetings

arthey

Hello everyone. I'm not really good at introducing myself this but here we go,

I got into Astronomy since I was a kid. I always feel curious about them, so much mystery and secret, so much things that make me want to know more. Not much that we know about and yet it's just so fascinating. I've no Astronomy family background but I think growing up with Discovery Channel, NatGeo and a lot of educational magazines help I guess. I've never been too seriously into this, just rummaging the local library for astronomy related books(which they're lack of), a lot of googling and tracing constellations out of my window.

Started stargazing outdoor a couple of months ago but I haven't got my hands on any telescope yet. Heck I don't even know what telescope I should get my hands on. But I've played with some binoculars and those were satisfying enough I guess but honestly I think I rather observe with my naked eyes for now. Hopefully you guys can help me beginner here.

I'm graduating from high school this year and I find myself that I never interested in any career path. A long time since I've been thinking about this and I decided that this is what I want to do in the future. I want to be an astronomer. I'm just 17 and I sounds a lot like a huge dreamer and actually I've been planning my education path in my head. And working it out right now, hopefully being a science stream student helps. You see, this place I grow up in, Astronomy is a thing that not a lot of people exposed to, some people in my class and even some teachers cannot differentiate between astronomer and astronaut. The only thing that keep me motivated to advance my study right now is because I want to be an astronomer. 

Anyway, I'm taking a driving lesson this year just so that I can drive out of town away from those light. Also weather here are always nasty especially during the night.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived