NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Outer fringes

Frankwc

Hello

I'm Frank and live in Norfolk. Returning to Astronomy after a long layoff  due to moving, work and study but I  have returned to my first love astronomy. Currently looking for something portable as on the coast we do have the usual sky glow so I need to move into the countryside to get a  decent  dark sky.

Frank

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Frank and welcome to SGL - Glad that you found us, there's loads of helpful and friendly folks on here, and given half the chance they love spending your money too - Look after your wallet for gawds sake :grin:

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Sounds like you are up on the North Norfolk coast, visit the Social Groups and announce yourself in the E Anlgian bit, there are afew people from up that area now - well a few that admit they are there. Could be someone close to communicate with and perhaps meet up occasionally.

A few astro clubs as well but without knowing where in Norfolk cannot indicate the obvious/nearest ones.

Hi Frank and welcome to the forum, plenty of scope advice to be had in the getting started sections, you don't mention your Budget? Do you Drive? As this also affects choice of portability, the kit I see some people using as their 'grab and go' setup is sometimes staggering.

Any way plenty of help within these forums so ask plenty of questions no matter how silly they might seem :)

Archived