Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello!

mjbent

Hello!  I frequently found myself here when looking for specific astronomy information, so I decided to make an account because I see myself coming here more often. I'm Mike, I'm from Canada. I'm currently in Ontario (just north of Toronto), but I'll be moving to Victoria, BC for school in the fall. I'm in my mid-20s and finally decided to go back to school for Physics/Astronomy. I absolutely love physics and astronomy/astrophotography, so I know I've made the right decision. I look forward to talking with all of you (and getting help!) about specific things eventually, for now I just wanted to say hello! I'm quite new to this as well, I've always had the passion for space but never the money for a decent scope. I finally found a used 10" Orion dob for a great price so I decided to snatch it up!  Any help is much appreciated along the way.

Take care everyone and may you all have clear skies :)

Mike

Hi Mike. A good eyepiece can make a big difference in your equipment. Most scopes come with an eyepiece that could be describe as "Just OK"

I think?...most people here would agree. :)

...and a warm Welcome !

Hi Mike. A good eyepiece can make a big difference in your equipment. Most scopes come with an eyepiece that could be describe as "Just OK"

I think?...most people here would agree. :)

...and a warm Welcome !

Thanks!! My next buy is a great eyepiece. I bought a used Televue 2x barlow. I have the stock pieces but they don't do justice...I mean, they do enough for now, but I really want another piece. That would bring me to my first question: which should I go for first? (..should I start another thread? This is my thread so I'm not worried about any hijacking) I particularly want to hunt out Messier objects to start. I was looking at the Televue Ethos and Delos, maybe the 14mm. They're so expensive, but probably worth it in the end, right?  If I can find them in good shape used, I'd be happy. I'm so glad I found this place. Please feed me all your knowledge :)

Archived