Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Member from Connah's Quay

Dave Moulton

Hi All,

Just joined the forum. I have been into Astronomy since Apollo as a child, but only this last 12 months or so have been active in the Hobby. My main area of interest is Astro imaging and the need to progress drives me forward. Hopefully I will pick up some good tips from you guys.

Dave.

Currently my equipment list (short version is below)

Roll off Roof Observatory

Mount : EQ6 pro running EQMOD

Scopes: Meade 10" SCT

Skywatcher ED100 & ED80

Cameras Baader modded Canon 350D & Meade DSI

Hello and Welcome to SGL Marvo. And may I say you have nice bit of equipment there, and must be into imaging, so we look forward to your posts. You seem to have a nice shot of the Rosette Nebula there. Of course, most amateurs aspire to imaging, and we have some very accomplished guys on the forum, who are always helpful to anyone requesting help or advice. I am sure you will enjoy being here.

Best Wishes.

Ron. :D

Hello and Welcome to SGL Marvo. And may I say you have nice bit of equipment there, and must be into imaging, so we look forward to your posts. You seem to have a nice shot of the Rosette Nebula there. Of course, most amateurs aspire to imaging, and we have some very accomplished guys on the forum, who are always helpful to anyone requesting help or advice. I am sure you will enjoy being here.

Best Wishes.

Ron. :D

Cheers Ron. The Rosette pic was done about 2 weeks ago now and is 40 mins exp. Notable for me in one of my first attempts at pulse guiding the mount, which worked out ok.The clouds rolled in later. Hope to add data to it soon

Thanks for the welcome

Dave

Hi Dave

Welcome to SGL. Nice selection of kit you have there.

Cheers, Martin

Thanks Ian & Martin for the welcome.

Martin, not had the kit that long but enjoying imaging with it. Trouble is everything in this hobby has an alternative route so I am always looking at new stuff in awe.

Cheers Guys

Dave

Archived