Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello everyone.

cleggy1987

Hello my name is Thomas im from heywood GTR Manchester and i'm a Web Developer.

I'm a newbie to the stargazing seen, I recently bought a Celestron Travel Scope 70 Refractor Outfit with additional 4mm Eyepiece and 3x Barlow Lens off amazon its ok a little tricky but getting used to it now so all is good.

Iv been interested in space ever since i can remember so i thought i would take up stargazing has a hobbie :).

So i would like to take this time to say hi to every one on Stargazers Lounge.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol kwl forgot about that not been there since i was little. Only 5 mile that travel scope with back pack will come in handy on my peddle bike lol looks like i picked the perfect scope then not bad for a newbie ay? lol more like just dum look lol.

Hi Thomas and welcome to the forum. If you haven't done so already, you might like to consider download Stellarium which is a free piece of planetarium software that will help you learn the sky and to help find some interesting objects. Can be configured to match the sky seen from your viewing location and there are lots of other features to keep you occupied when the clouds come in.

Clear skies and hope you enjoy it here,

James

I'm new too

Just wondering if my wife would mind me jumping in the car and setting of to Saddleworth.

Great stargazing and some great local bands up there.

I was born in Hyde but have been living in Derby for the last 31 years.

I'm waiting for my 1st telescope to arrive (like a little kid at Christmas!)

Have fun!

Archived