NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Is this a Bargain?

GrahamJ

I suppose I have left myself open to being gazumped by you guys,I'll vo to the auction & see what happens.

I hope not!  This is your find and you get first dibs...that's the (unwritten) code.  If you had done a heads up, that would have been a different matter.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope not!  This is your find and you get first dibs...that's the (unwritten) code.  If you had done a heads up, that would have been a different matter.

I would like to think that all members of the forum would act in this way but there might be non-members viewing.

Good luck, keep us informed.

I certainly wouldn't do it....just send my best half along although I am working in nantwich atm ;)

Haha, you're safe from me, I'm all spent up for the forseeable future. good luck though, certainly looks worth a punt.

Absolute bargain! Go bid on it!

I had an old Celestron C9.25 years ago when they fisrt came out on an EQ mount and the optics were superb.

this scope is from the same era and will be excellent. Even if it cost you £200 to get it cleaned professionally it will still be an excellent scope.

Stick it on an HEQ6 and it'll be all the scope you'll ever want and more.

I just shows that sometimes the auctioneers have no real idea of the value... but if it is listed online, then there are plenty of people who do.

Same with my local auction house... rarely get any bargains if the auction is also on the internet as well as the showroom.

I went to the auction. It went for £300 more than I wanted to pay as I already have 2 scopes, needed to be a real bargain for me to bid.

Did you investigate under the cap, what were the optics like?

Archived