From (cloudy) down under

The Mekon

Hi all,

Name is John.   Have been interested in Astronomy since 1965.   This is my first post on this forum, though I am active in the main Australian forum Ice in Space.

I am recently retired after 41 years working in the maritime industry.   In a few years time my wife and I hope to come to the UK for around 6 months.   Perhaps this forum will lead to some contacts so I can view more of the northern sky.

I would be pleased to assist anyUK visitor to Australia with scopes, accommodation etc should things work out.

At present have 3 scopes, 18" SDM reflector, 130 F8 astro-physics and 106mm AT.

More later....

thanks all,  as in the title, its cloudy down here at the moment.  Really difficult to get good nights here in summer, but I suppose it is all relative.   I live about 40 miles inland from the coast and we can get clear skies all day but in the evening the cloud pushes up the coastal range to mess up observing most nights.   Still we would score around 2 or 3 nights each dark of the moon on average where viewing is OK.   Winter is the time for astronomy where I live - the milky way is just awesome.

Archived