Astronomy Yorkshire style

Owmuchonomy

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, dare I say it but the sky is clear.  Eli the local pig man has stirred his pots though so I'll need my gas mask tonight.  Wish me luck I'm going to attempt to fire up my budget auto guiding set up tonight.   All you PHD users I may be contacting you later.

Hi there. I have only just joined up on here and I also live in West Yorkshire. Wakefield area.

Now then.  Welcome.  I actually got about 6 hours in last night before it got too windy.  Don't know about anybody else but the seeing wasn't very good.  Perhaps it was the haze from Eli's pig muck.

Hmm, dare I say it but the sky is clear.  Eli the local pig man has stirred his pots though so I'll need my gas mask tonight.  Wish me luck I'm going to attempt to fire up my budget auto guiding set up tonight.   All you PHD users I may be contacting you later.

Now then, here we go.  My first ever attempt at guiding my mount.  Took a picture of the Leo triplet I believe it is called.  I was up so late that Leo was due South!  PHD was a complete doddle to use so can't complain. I had so many cables around I felt like doing some knitting.

post-35542-0-00814700-1393596905_thumb.j

Archived