Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rosette Nebula in Narrowband

carastro

Had a lucky clear night on Sunday 2nd, so grabbed the chance to get Rosette in NB, only done it in HaRGB before.

Still pretty much a beginner at complete NB images and so decided to go for something bright.  

After many different versions, I have settled on these.

Not a great fan of hubble palette, but feel I have to go with the flow, but also did a bicolour version which is more to my taste.

Ha 9 x 600sec

Oiii 12 x 600secs

Sii 5 x 600secs 

WOZS71 and reducer

NEQ6, guided with PHD and EQMod

Stacked in Astroart, and post-processed in Registar and Photoshop CS3

Carole 

Hubble palette

9c6161c72ffd9ba077c8e731706c4194.620x0_q

Bicolour version Ha, Oiii, Oiii

4afceabc4dddda0bf54d3bf02753c91f.620x0_q

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fantastic images carole and excellently processed. i think i prefer the Bicolour version Ha, Oiii, Oiii version a little more detail maybe?, not sure about the star colour though but you can not have everything! a pair of very impressive images, you must be very pleased with the finnished images. 

Thanks Pete.

Yes I agree about the star colours, it was as a result of trying to stretch the blue in the nebula.  But it was the best I could do with all the back and forth between the two PCs.  (Having to process on one and post on the other) and the monitor colour calibration is different (long story).  Hopefully when I have got Photoshop on my new PC it will be easier.  

Yes I prefer the bicolour version.

Carole 

These are very impressive images, Carole.  I prefer the bi-colour, but they both show excellent detail.  And they both show very well the different make-up of the nebula - the central regions and the outer regions.  Very nice.  Those Bok's globules fascinate me...

Chris

Thanks Ivo Chris and Mark.

It's quite interesting to note that many people prefer the bicolour version - as I do too.  

I never could see why the fuss about yellow and blue together, but just went with the flow.  I think I shall be doing more bicolour in future.

Carole 

Very nice Carol, is that cropped or the full frame ? if full frame that combo of scope and camera fits it nicely, it was on my list to have another go at this year but it's rapidly going past the Meridian into SE London LP from my location, just a bit East from yours

Dave.

Beautiful....just beautiful. It's images like that that have just emptied my wallet today to get a new dedicated AP set up.

Whoops sorry.

I have to say though that the purchase of a Mono CCD has been a real turning point.  thanks for your comments.

Carole

Archived