Just joined SGL, but not new to astronomy

lphilpot

Good morning (at least, it's mroning where I am!)

SGL looks like a great place to hang out, so I've joined up. I've been an observer since 1987, but haven't been too active lately (that needs to change). Although I enjoy looking at Jupiter and Saturn from time to time, I'm really more of a deep space guy from the south central USA. I started with a 4.5" (114mm) GEM/Newt, moved onto a 10" home built Dob, TeleVue Genesis and now have a 14.5" TeleKit, an 8" Hardin Dob and a little Short Tube 80. Over the years, I picked up my Honorary Messier, Deep Sky Binocular, Binocular Messier and Herschel Club certificates, but it's been a while since I've done observing to that level of activty -- Just too much work, weather, family and other stuff getting in the way.

Looking forward to 'becoming' a member here.

Wow - Thanks for all the welcomes! It's making me want to get out and observe (and of course, we have low overcast, rain and fog right now, as well as forcast for several days... who bought a new scope???  :grin:  )

Archived