NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi from Penymynydd North Wales (UK)

wolf20

Hi Everyone, Phill here. I just wanted to stop by and say hi and introduce myself. I have been in to photography now for several years and always wanted to view the planets and photograph them but could never find the time. I recently had a go at star trails and that got me hooked as well as photographing the moon of course.

I have been out and purchased a Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ-MD to go with my Canon 60D. I hope to learn lots about Stargazing and Astrophotography and make new friends along the way. Any help and advice would be very welcome. Looking forward to learning new skills and reading the various topics on the site. Many thanks Phill

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome aboard Phil - Forget everything you know about photography, the two skill sets (photography and AP) are totally unrelated!!! Go along to the imaging section and take a look at the type of images you want to aspire to. Normally people list their kit that the images are taken with which can give you a good starting point.

If DSO imaging is what you want to work towards you need a good sturdy EQ mount and a copy of the book 'Making Every Photon Count' available in the book section of the FLO website would be a good starting point.

Many DSO's are quite a size, you can get away with just a mount.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Archived