Newbie Member

Shropshire Moon

Hi All, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself a little before I post asking for help. My name is Simon and I'm currently in Shropshire. Like may new members I've had an interest in astronomy for years which I've finally decided to act on.

I've been reading various threads on the site and have picked up quite a bit of valuable information. As a result of my stargazer's lounge education I've ordered a copy of 'Left Turn At Orion' and purchased a set of binoculars before deciding on a scope. 

Thats about if for now, just to add how impressed with the site and of course its members I am. Seems like a nice bunch of friendly, knowledgeable and passionate people :)

Thanks everyone :)

Welcome to SGL Simon - Glad that you found us. Another useful addition is downloading Stellarium to your PC - It's free and will help you learn the night sky http://www.stellarium.org/en_GB/

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hi Sara, forgot to mention I've got Stellarium (which allowed me to identify Jupiter with the naked eye...very very simple I know..but little steps lol). Im very impressed with your flickr pics..beautiful, particularly the moon in colour :)

Welcome Simon

You've made a great start with the bins, TLAO and this forum. That's a triple whammy.

Kerry

I agree, except that you're one ahead of me...I don't have the 'Turn left at Orion' yet.

...why does that title remind me of 'The hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy'?

See you around.

Archived