Hello from a noob

pintofmild

Just a quickee to say hello, my new hobby should start on Monday when I get my new (old) scope, a second hand Bressor 70/700, hope its not a dog, anyone else have one and are they ok for a noob? Im from South Devon and know nowt about astronomy so the learning curve will be pretty steep for an oldie like myself, but I guess there will be plenty of tips and help here. I thank you all in advance,,,

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and a big welcome to SGL

I'm a newbie to and only be out stargazing three times so far and seen some wicked stuff (your be amazed what you can find) .My advise would be to go through the SGL forums to pick up tips and get a good sky atlas book I've got the Philip's Night Sky Atlas which is a good book but I hear good reviews on Turn Left At Orion. But don't worry I'm sure your love it when you get out there .

There's plenty to see with that scope! At the moment, and very easy to find:

Orion Nebula

Pleiades

Jupiter

Saturn

The Moon

...plenty more!

I've used a different 70mm scope, and all of the above were certainly nice targets. My favourite had to be the Moon. Anyways, welcome to SGL!

David

Archived