newbi

robbo1088

Welcome Bob.

Think the best thing to do is have a look at the sticky called "Eyepieces: the very least you need" here. That might give you some background into how to choose the correct eyepieces, as well as the 'why' it would be good for your scope.

There are a lot of unknown abbreviations, and terms used in astronomy (and a lot of people (myself included) recommend the Turn Left at Orion book), as this not only gives you some targets to look at (and how to find them), but also some basic telescope math and guidance into how to get the best from it.

Wish you clear skies and the best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for making me welcome I have purchased turn left at orion great book also going to change my rdf to a telrad rdf seems to be highly recommended for beginners without them getting frustrated like me as a newbi and others , looking through this site I have found several frustrated beginners on the verge of giving up , my responce is persivere remember rome wasnt built in a day however I would like to see the suppliers of telescopes give you a good kit just increase the package price so we get decent rdf and lences

Archived