Hello From East Sussex

wilburforce83

Hi All, 

Just thought I would introduce myself to the forum etc.

I am an mechanical (and somewhat electrical) engineer by profession and have always loved the skies, but never had a telescope. My wife recently brought me a Celestron Travelscope 70 as a starter scope and I must say it is pretty awesome for such a compact telescope.

I am hoping to get into AP and I am currently building a motorised, tracking equatorial mount as the scope mount with TS70 is pretty weak. I will post a tutorial / guide showing how I built it etc...if it works that is! lol

After reading information on this forum I have also modified a livecam studio HD and added an IR filter - I have so far managed to image the moon on low magnification - had focusing issues with the TS70 due to the mount moving so much, could have been much clearer :( (attached) - the skies have been too dank and miserable (typical blighty!) to do anything else thus far.

Anyway, this place has a plethora of information and I look forward to being part of the community.

Cheers

Will

post-34045-0-35713100-1389548726_thumb.j

Archived