Hi All - From Burntwood

dan_beaven

Hi All,

New to the forum, have just signed up. I'm a complete beginner on the stargazing front! I'm hoping that by being a member on a forum like this, I can start picking up some hints and tips to get me started. 

I'm currently researching a good beginners telescope to purchase. Any help / advice would be much appreciated based on all of your experiences. Looking to spend £200 or so. Will also be keen to join in on some group observing sessions, I presume Cannock Chase would be quite a popular local spot? 

Anyways, look forward to speaking and sharing experiences with you all.

Cheers,

Dan. 

Hi Dan

A big welcome to SGL , I'm a newbie to and you've come to the right place for advice there will be someone here that can help you.For a telescope at that price range you couldn't go wrong with a skywatcher 150p Dobson and the best place to get it from is FLO (First Light Optics) . I have the 200p and it is an amazing bit of kit , As for group observing sessions I havn't been to any so I can't give you any advice on that.

Jason :icon_cyclops:

Hi Dan, welcome from me too, if your budget can stretch to £300 you would get a much better aperture (mirror width in Newtonian).  Only consider buying from a dedicated astronomy supplier such as FLO, the forum sponsors, and avoid so-called beginners scopes, you'll get much better quality!

Archived