Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pin outs for Canon 1100D battery pack?

Stargazer33

Hi, Does anyone know the pin outs for a Canon 1100D battery pack?

I am trying to build an external power supply for my 1100D and have bought a cheap replacement battery that I have pulled apart, but there are four contacts across it and I am not sure which ones are the +ve and -ve terminals.

I have taken some pictures of the regulator board that was at the top of the two batteries:

post-21511-0-01553200-1389190004_thumb.jpost-21511-0-51981100-1389190009_thumb.jpost-21511-0-39169000-1389190013_thumb.j

The first picture shows the component side with the three contact pads marked B+, B- and Bc.  The B+ and B- pads were connected to the +ve terminals of the batteries and the Bc was connected to the -ve terminals of the batteries. However, when I connected these terminals up to a regulated bench power supply unit set to 10 volts DC, I was only getting a couple of volts at a couple of the contact pads (shown in the second and third photos).

So rather than go through the regulator board, I thought I would just solder my dc/dc converter to the correct terminals to power the camera. This is where my question comes in. Which of the four contacts as shown in the last picture are the +ve and -ve terminals.

Sorry for the waffle and thanks if you can help.  :grin:

BTW: there are no markings on the battery case or label itself to help - cheap copy component made in China. 

I gave all the info on the battery connections in that thread and have no more to add.  I have used several 1100Ds successfully with these connections.  HTH :)

Thanks Gweedo, Gina!

I don't know why my search didn't find that thread. I was sure that someone had done this hack already. My battery looks exactly like Jasons pictures so I will wire up exactly the same as his.

Thanks again & I hope you are missing all this horrible weather at the moment, not to mention the flood waters!

Clear skies.  :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't work connecting up the power regulator board in my hacked battery pack so I had to connect the wires to the contact terminals directly - as shown below. I first removed all the surface mount components.

I set my dc/dc converter to 8.4v - the reading I was getting from a full battery - and the camera powers up lovely.

post-21511-0-07400700-1390313025_thumb.j

The +ve wire is connected to the B+ terminal (wire on the right) and the -ve wire is on the left, connected to the return from one of the sm components solder pads.

Archived